At Medicine on Blackwood our focus is on health promotion and disease prevention for all our patients. We are 100% committed to improving the health of individuals, families and the community. Our patients are part of our family and are treated with respect and dignity.
Why choose us for your family's health care?
- Our friendly practice team makes you feel welcome from the moment you walk in.
- Need to see a doctor today? Our same day policy ensures you or your family will be seen. It might not be with your usual doctor, but you will be looked after by a practice GP.
- Our new, modern, comfortable practice has been designed to promote a low stress visit.
- Our purpose-built practice includes a well-equipped treatment room for minor injuries, often avoiding a trip to hospital.
- Easy free parking at the door.
- We are open Monday to Saturday.
- All your health needs can be met here within The Blackwood Street Medical Precinct; with easy access to a pharmacy, diagnostic imaging, pathology, physiotherapy, dietician, psychologist, exercise physiologist, podiatrist, dentist, remedial massage therapist, audiologist and naturopath.
- We are family-friendly with a play area that the kids love!
- We listen to your feedback – and we seek it out as we continually strive to improve our service to you.
- A mix of male and female GPs of differing ages to help you find the "right" doctor for you.
GPA ACCREDITATION ACHIEVED!
General Practice Accreditation (GPA) provides accreditation and related quality improvement services to general practices.
Medicine on Blackwood achieved accreditation with 100% approval across all indicators in September 2016.
To achieve accreditation, our practice must monitor and continually improve the services we provide, including education, practice management, the rights and needs of patients and the physical facilities of the practice.
The patient benefits of attending a GPA accredited medical practice include:
- Independent recognition that our practice's quality of care is high
- Improved patient safety and overall health outcomes
- Improved practice efficiency
- Improved practice environment
- Effective management systems
- Staff whose skills are continually being developed and who are engaged in quality improvement